As a way to give back to the writing community, I’m offering limited (one per month) print and ebook formatting opportunities to authors who may not otherwise be able to afford it.
For FREE. Sound intriguing? Read on . . .
The nitty-gritty details
– completed, edited, and proofread manuscript
– completed ebook cover (Vellum requirement)
– please be unable to afford formatting on your own (honor system here)
– no erotica or anti-religious novels (I’m not going to read your novel, but I will flip through it to make sure everything exported ok, and I don’t really want to be shocked by a random graphic sex scene)
– self-published work only
– novels only, please (I have no experience with formatting non-fiction or poetry and wouldn’t want to mess up your book)
Formatting is done in Vellum. I will create your files for Kindle, iBooks, Nook, Kobo, Google Play, and print, as well as a generic epub file. Please visit https://vellum.pub/ to make sure this is something you’re interested in. You can also check out my books’ samples on Amazon.
Schedule will be determined by author deadlines. If there is more than one request on the Monday before the start of the project month, I will randomly choose a writer via a random number chooser.
I will make every effort to have the formatted files back to you three weeks after I receive all your files and information.
What I will need from you:
– full MS in *.docx format (including copyright page and any other front/back matter)
– title, subtitle or series name, author name or pen name
– preferred trim size (paperback only)
– ebook cover
– any preferences on font/scene break style/drop caps (you can google around for Vellum’s options–I will send a list of available fonts)
– that’s it!
Both parties reserve the right to terminate the project at any time, for any reason.
Interested? Contact me! Please include genre, word count, and any deadline.